PDA

View Full Version : Head Stomp

Moresby
09-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Does anyone else think this should be removed from the game, or in some way nerfed?

1. It's a little pathetic to be able to headstomp the last boss.
2. Once you get the headstomp, especially with Sam B., all you really need to do is tackle and stomp everything.

Xian
09-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Maybe they should limit it so you could only headstomp certain mobs, and not particular Bosses.

disgruntledgamer
09-22-2011, 05:42 PM
head stomping saves a lot of weapon wear i use it a lot

wolf
09-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Nah, its realistic.

TheReaper545
09-22-2011, 05:45 PM
If you think Head Stomping the last boss is pathetic your in for a treat cause guess what one shotgun blast to his head kills him as well so i guess were nerfing shotguns now as well???

wolf
09-22-2011, 05:47 PM
If you think Head Stomping the last boss is pathetic your in for a treat cause guess what one shotgun blast to his head kills him as well so i guess were nerfing shotguns now as well???

Thats also realistic. Im pretty sure that a shotgun blast to the brain would kill anyone and anything, no matter how much sterioids they're on.

Moresby
09-22-2011, 05:48 PM
head stomping saves a lot of weapon wear i use it a lot

Yes, I understand that, but it essentially "replaces" melee combat especially when you get the final combat skill. I would say about 80% of the zombies I killed are through jump kicking (or tackle) + headstomps.

wolf
09-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Yes, I understand that, but it essentially "replaces" melee combat especially when you get the final combat skill. I would say about 80% of the zombies I killed are through jump kicking (or tackle) + headstomps.

People are complaining about everything with this game. I wish people would just appreciate the fact that theres FINALLY a open world zombie game and over look stupid little flaws.

TheReaper545
09-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Head-stomping is completely optional if you don't like it don't use it. Grab a Machete cut their heads off or a sledgehammer and bash their skulls in.

seb
09-22-2011, 05:53 PM
i think a strong kick to the face should do just as much damage as a stomp

i play as sam b, i use stomp quite a bit... lol at being able to stop the last boss.

wolf
09-22-2011, 05:54 PM
i think a strong kick to the face should do just as much damage as a stomp

But a stomp is putting all of your weight straight onto a ****ers skull while their laying down defenseless. It would definitely kill you.

seb
09-22-2011, 05:56 PM
But a stomp is putting all of your weight straight onto a ****ers skull while their laying down defenseless. It would definitely kill you.

yes it would probably kill you..... just like a kick square in the face could as well.

TheReaper545
09-22-2011, 05:57 PM
a kick dose not have 250+ pounds of sheer force backed by velocity and speed you come down on them now does it. Would be pretty difficult to kill someone with just a kick.

wolf
09-22-2011, 05:58 PM
a kick dose not have 250+ pounds of sheer force back by velocity and speed you come down on them now does it. Would be pretty difficult to kill someone with just a kick.

First person here to make sense. Thank you.

seb
09-22-2011, 05:59 PM
lmao at that view....
kicks to the face cause severe injuries, anything from brain damage to death. just like stomps... (especially if victim is just led on the floor)
u know how powerful a human can swing his leg, and cause sheer brutal damage focused on quite a small area with his foot?...
put it this way, i could either kill you, or severely hurt you with a well placed kick to the face/head.

Moresby
09-22-2011, 05:59 PM
I suppose I should have expected a flame war from this. But are we really arguing about "reality" in a zombie game?

TheReaper545
09-22-2011, 06:01 PM
The Only real possible way you could kill someone with a straight up kick to the face is if you kicked them square in the nose which would then penetrate the brain and well kill them. *Because the cartlidge in the nose would be pushed back into the brain*

MinyTallPines
09-22-2011, 06:02 PM
a kick dose not have 250+ pounds of sheer force backed by velocity and speed you come down on them now does it. Would be pretty difficult to kill someone with just a kick.

QFE...I hardly use stomp unless most my weapons are almost broken or I'm low on health. I also skipped tackle because tackling a zombie IRL sounds like a bad idea. I wan't to be somewhat realistic when I'm playing this....Realistic and zombies, lol!

seb
09-22-2011, 06:03 PM
The Only real possible way you could kill someone with a straight up kick to the face is if you kicked them square in the nose which would then penetrate the brain and well kill them. *Because the cartlidge in the nose would be pushed back into the brain*

or if you kicked them hard enough in the brain... human skulls arent exactly the most powerful things u know.

people here seem to be under estimating a kick to the face

MinyTallPines
09-22-2011, 06:04 PM

I bet you Chuck Norris could roundhouse a whole army of zombies to death.

seb
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM

ahaha, just to make it clear, im not talking about round house kicks and things like that, i wouldnt know about that ****

disgruntledgamer
09-22-2011, 06:05 PM

change your tatics then i only stomp them when theres 1 or 2 but when theres a hoard i use some Katana sword i got that does 1000 damage so 2 hits per zombies is instant death, i also have the craft no.4 military knife that one hit kills normal zombies.

TheReaper545
09-22-2011, 06:08 PM

I was actually waiting for that Chuck Norris joke ;p

Haas
09-22-2011, 06:08 PM
I usually rip off the zombies legs and then boot stomp his friends with his own boots. . . quite effective.

TheReaper545
09-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I usually rip off the zombies legs and then boot stomp his friends with his own boots. . . quite effective.

Genius pure epic genius. Must test that out now.

Haas
09-22-2011, 06:10 PM
thank you, I believe zombie killin' is an art haha

Gyroh
09-23-2011, 02:53 AM
sure the game benefits from realism, but what about challenge? and i know its quite challenging but in my opinion the stomp is still quite cheap. whats the point of raising all these skills that increase the power of your weapon if you're better off kicking them and stomping them? I know you could just say "either dont increase your weapons skills then, or dont use the stomp" which to me is not a valid argument.

and about the last boss, instead of nerfing the shotgun, buff the boss.

MI5T3R_T1MMY
09-23-2011, 03:52 AM
Does anyone else think this should be removed from the game, or in some way nerfed?

1. It's a little pathetic to be able to headstomp the last boss.
2. Once you get the headstomp, especially with Sam B., all you really need to do is tackle and stomp everything.

Answer: NO not at all.

I would rather kill zombies even easier and have more of them, then taking away a crucial finishing blow from the game.
Who cares, how easy it is to kill the finishing boss this isn't Contra it's a open world zombie game. I think the Ram is a dumb, un realistic character that should be removed or seriously weakend. Yeah, I know zombies themselves are un realistic to begin with, but as stated above i'd like to think a 12ga. rnd to the dome would take down just about anything in a human frame. The stomp skill is great, and under used. The game is still challenging even with stomp, I don't think it should be removed or "nerfed" in any way.

bennyandthejets
09-23-2011, 04:24 AM
Not all characters get the upgraded form where you can just headstomp over & over. Also, there are many situations where headstomping is not ideal. (Like when you are surrounded by 8+ enemies)

Scottoz69
09-23-2011, 04:37 AM
People are complaining about everything with this game. I wish people would just appreciate the fact that theres FINALLY a open world zombie game and over look stupid little flaws.

Head-stomping is completely optional if you don't like it don't use it.

Exactly right.

Better to have many options available and choose to roleplay the way you want ( ignoring things like head stomp abuse ), then to have the entire game nerfed. . Being immune to the zombie virus was game breaking to me at first, but now my combat is throwing and avoiding damage orientated to compensate for that. We finally have the closest replica of a zombie outbreak so lets enjoy it.

Toquina
09-23-2011, 05:17 AM
The point of the stomp is to make single wandering zombies no issue on the weapons. You obviously cant do it in a group of zombies which is when you really need to use a wep.

Funeralfog
09-23-2011, 05:28 AM
it's unrealistic. BUT SO ARE ZOMBIES

Hugh Janus
09-23-2011, 08:35 AM
I think the Ram is a dumb, un realistic character that should be removed.

I personally think both the ram and the thug should be removed. Not because they are difficult (they arent) but because blowing the tallest man in the worlds head off 5 times in a row only to then see him mysteriously bald and straight jacketed breaks the immersion somewhat.

Malice36
09-23-2011, 08:39 AM
Why would the Thug need to be removed? He has nothing to do with the Ram... Though, I don't necessarily have a problem with the Ram either. They can be easily solo'd in a Co-Op game if others would let just 1 person deal with it. Maybe let everyone get a couple hits in for the assist EXP and then let someone deal with it.

Hugh Janus
09-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Why would the Thug need to be removed? He has nothing to do with the Ram... Though, I don't necessarily have a problem with the Ram either. They can be easily solo'd in a Co-Op game if others would let just 1 person deal with it. Maybe let everyone get a couple hits in for the assist EXP and then let someone deal with it.

Because both the ram and the thug are, what, 8-9 feet tall.

Now this wouldnt be a problem if they had been designed properly, but the clothes they wear are obviously meant to fit them (for thugs because they are just upsized walkers, no idea why for rams).

This, at least for me, massively breaks immersion, you are supposed to be fighting zombies, not playing some bizzare remake of gullivers travels.

Moresby
09-23-2011, 02:09 PM
The point of the stomp is to make single wandering zombies no issue on the weapons. You obviously cant do it in a group of zombies which is when you really need to use a wep.

Maybe it was because I did a whole playthrough with a partner as Sam B. But for the most part, even with 2-4 packs of infested, all it took was a tackle, and all their heads were stomped before they can get up.

And yes, I know I have the option of NOT using the headstomp...

Danny
09-23-2011, 02:22 PM
i noticed after i passed lv 41 the stomp changed to a 1 quick jump stomp, its like the higher lv you get the more badass you become

Moresby
09-23-2011, 02:23 PM
You get that with the final combat skill.

Danny
09-23-2011, 02:36 PM
aaaaaaaaaaah i'm Logan btw

genghis john
09-23-2011, 06:03 PM
If you think something's overpowered, don't use it. If you think a weapon is overpowered use a crappy weapon.

seb
09-23-2011, 06:07 PM
so i got head stomp ages ago....

but now i got the last skill in the combat section, and now i can jump on their heads instead lol... much more satisfying