Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Co-Op Exp Issue?

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but, I'm playing with a friend right now, and it seems that the exp rewards from quests don't go to both people but only me? And as a result of this, I'm level 21 and my friendls level 12, pleas help!

I <3 Shotguns
    might be xp from teh kills

I doubt it...He's getting NOTHING from quests except mods/ cash

I <3 Shotguns
    Quote Originally Posted by NickV View Post
    I doubt it...He's getting NOTHING from quests except mods/ cash
    okay thats not right then. his game seems to be glitched. on solo game is he gettign xp?

Quote Originally Posted by demented_puppy View Post
    okay thats not right then. his game seems to be glitched. on solo game is he gettign xp?
    Yup, He's getting exp on solo.

Yep, same problem. Is this true for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by NickV View Post
    I don't know if it's supposed to be like this, but, I'm playing with a friend right now, and it seems that the exp rewards from quests don't go to both people but only me? And as a result of this, I'm level 21 and my friendls level 12, pleas help!
    He/she will only get experience from those sidequests if he/she is on them.

Meaning, since the lvl 12 friend probably is in a lower chapter than you and haven't even reached and talked to the people you are getting quests from in a future chapter, he/she won't get experience from them.
    If you were in the same chapter and had the same progress he/she would get experience from the same quests he/she had as you.

He/she will still get experience from kills as well as the item-rewards from all quests you complete together in your story (which i assume is a few chapters ahead of your friend)

That's why it's popular to start a 4-player coop together from the start, so everyone is at the same stage and get experience from all quests.

If for example your friend progresses on his/her own and reaches the same stage as you (lets say your friend invites YOU to his/her game and you help him/her to progress to the same stage as you) then you both get experience when doing the same quests.

If im on Chapter 1 usually, and decides to join a friend who is in the Jungle (which i haven't even seen yet in my story), you could complete alot of quests and i could get some sweet rewards, but not the quest experience, since im not even on that stage.

Has to progress from chapter 1 , to 2, to 3 etc Can't go from Chapter 1 to 14

In Short:
    I'm on Chapter 1 in Resort. I haven't even been at the Lighthouse.
    A lvl 30 friend invites me to the Jungle, i join and help her in the Jungle, but cannot get any quest-experience since i'm not on that same stage.

If i quickly progress to the same Chapter as the lvl 30 friend first and then join, then i would get xp from the quests
    Last edited by Xian; 09-15-2011 at 04:19 PM.

I think I did the very first quest... then started Coop with a buddy that did zero quest... that maybe why.
    Thanks for the reply.

Also, if i'm lvl 40 and done most of the early chapters, and then get invited by my lvl 3 friend Augie to his story, i will not get experience for all those sidequests i already done once.

But i'm helping Augie progress, and when Augie finally is around my chapter and my story, we both get experience from those Side-quests and Main-quest when we do them together.

I hope the experience-system is clear for all!

You still get the quest-rewards though, even if you done them before.

@ Xian you do get the exp for re-doing quests regardless of the chapter, as long as you've surpassed it. I do it all the time with my friends.
    But you're right about this guy's issue. If you're not in the same chapter, or he/she hasn't surpassed yours, the game won't give him/her quest exp, only the rewards.

Thread Information