Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Alcohol Auto-Equip ???? / Lockpicking = Horrible

    Dear Techland,

    Please for the love of god hotfix alcohol so it doesn't autoequip to the weapon you are currently using. I cannot count the number of times I have died because I pick up some alcohol to make molotovs, turn around to a horde of zombies, attempt to defend myself only to take a swig of whiskey completely blurring my vision & get swarmed by a half a dozen zombies.

    Secondly, revamp lockpicking. I have opened 200+ chests now with various levels of lockpicking & have yet to see any uncommon weapons/items. Locked chests should have a very high % chance for uncommon/rare weapons. Players have to invest 7 skill points to be able to do so for weapons that are already littered all over the ground? Genius.

  2. #2
    That should have changed in the last patch(1.10), it might put the alcohol in your quick slots, but I have only had it do that when it started a new stack of alcohol. If for some reason I am incorrect about that then just try to keep your quick slots full with weapons.

    I would agree about the locked chests but there are a few reasons I don't. It could very well be that the % chance of finding rare items is just that low and the level 3 locks give you 3 times the chance to find an item that is better than common. That change could be as little as 1% vs 4% and with the frequency that you find them its hard to tell. A different argument would be that simply being able to open them increases your chance to find something by being able to open more chests. You don't have to spend 7 points just to get the level 3 lockpicking depending on character, and if you want the things before it anyway its not like there is no benefit to those points spent. I think the main reason you don't get the best items for every one you open is because you could just save your game and continue it just to have a chest be closed again and get great weapons with little effort at all as the chests have static locations and are pretty easy to get to when you know those locations.

  3. #3
    Tourist
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    11
    I know what your saying with the alcohol i really don't see the point in it automatically taking a slot, its got me killed one or two times too.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthejets View Post
    Dear Techland,

    Please for the love of god hotfix alcohol so it doesn't autoequip to the weapon you are currently using. I cannot count the number of times I have died because I pick up some alcohol to make molotovs, turn around to a horde of zombies, attempt to defend myself only to take a swig of whiskey completely blurring my vision & get swarmed by a half a dozen zombies.

    Secondly, revamp lockpicking. I have opened 200+ chests now with various levels of lockpicking & have yet to see any uncommon weapons/items. Locked chests should have a very high % chance for uncommon/rare weapons. Players have to invest 7 skill points to be able to do so for weapons that are already littered all over the ground? Genius.
    hahaha this happend to me to! I just picked up a bottle of alcohol, just wandered away and a bunch of running zombiesd attacked. I pushed the "attack" button and my character drank the alcohol. My screen all blurry and I died... It gave me a good laugh actually!

    The thing that really annoys me is that everythig resets after you left the area, all suitcases magically have money, all the enemy's are "alive" again ... heck even the car that I just took and left at the gasstation was back at the place where I first took it. The juice I brought that was so important. nobody uses it... it just stands there for ages... Characters on screen are so dumb I just want to kill them in stead of helping them... "I want champagne... bring me champagne"... grrrrr I want to kill you, I actually tried to hit her with a hammer in the head, but sadly... that is not possible.

    But I love the game.... man I love this game... Playing it at evening scares the **** out of you from time to time.

  5. #5
    Banoi Island Resident OMGAZOMBIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy_of_BD View Post
    hahaha this happend to me to! I just picked up a bottle of alcohol, just wandered away and a bunch of running zombiesd attacked. I pushed the "attack" button and my character drank the alcohol. My screen all blurry and I died... It gave me a good laugh actually!

    The thing that really annoys me is that everythig resets after you left the area, all suitcases magically have money, all the enemy's are "alive" again ... heck even the car that I just took and left at the gasstation was back at the place where I first took it. The juice I brought that was so important. nobody uses it... it just stands there for ages... Characters on screen are so dumb I just want to kill them in stead of helping them... "I want champagne... bring me champagne"... grrrrr I want to kill you, I actually tried to hit her with a hammer in the head, but sadly... that is not possible.

    But I love the game.... man I love this game... Playing it at evening scares the **** out of you from time to time.
    dude enemies aint alive again, the goverment drops off a fresh batch of zeds for your gaming pleasure evry 5/10 minutes same with the backpacks, some guy just walks around the island filling them with misc. crap hes the looter fairy, brining loot to all the people in need!

    thank you Toquina

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGAZOMBIE View Post
    dude enemies aint alive again, the goverment drops off a fresh batch of zeds for your gaming pleasure evry 5/10 minutes same with the backpacks, some guy just walks around the island filling them with misc. crap hes the looter fairy, brining loot to all the people in need!
    He also repairs windows windows, doors and cleans floors & walls then :-) great guy! Hope they kill him soon! he's ruining my search patterns...

    The looter fairy... :-)

  7. #7
    Banoi Island Resident OMGAZOMBIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy_of_BD View Post
    He also repairs windows windows, doors and cleans floors & walls then :-) great guy! Hope they kill him soon! he's ruining my search patterns...

    The looter fairy... :-)
    naa the windows and doors are replaced by local contractors *they are getting RICH these days* and there is a ninja cleaning company getting rid of bodies and blood while staying offscrean :P

    thank you Toquina

  8. #8
    Zombie Slayer Xian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    506
    LOCKPICKING
    It should be:


    Lockpick 1 Chests
    No chance for Orange
    Minimum chance for Purple
    Low chance for Blue
    Medium chance for Green

    Lockpick 2 Chests
    Minimum chance for Orange
    Low chance for Purple
    Medium chance for Blue
    High chance for Green

    Lockpick 3 Chests

    Low chance for Orange
    Medium chance for Purple
    High chance for Blue

  9. #9
    The Undead's Nightmare Razorhawkzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,075
    People like you annoy the hell outta me. But there are some idiots not worth arguing with.
    If you are reading this, you have 1 new rule to follow. DO NOT, and I mean DO NOT MESS WITH MY DR. PEPPER


  10. #10
    I <3 Shotguns NeroTheHero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    188
    Ohhhh i messed with ur dr.Pepper Razor =p=p=p=p=p
    Come at me Bro !!!


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:38 AM.
Dead Island Forums | Dying Light | Battlefield 4 | Dead Rising 3 | Star Wars Battlefront | Hellraid

DeadIslandForums.com is not affiliated with or endorsed by Dead Island's developer Techland nor Dead Island's Publisher Deep Silver.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Modifications available at Mod-Mall
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com