View Poll Results: Did you buy this game, thinking it had splitscreen co-op for Xbox 360?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 46.15%
  • No

7 53.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 "offline co-op"

Xbox 360 "offline co-op"

Bought the game to play offline splitscreen co-op as I thought was indicated on the box. Nowhere does it state that the "offline co-op" is only through system link. I contacted Gamestop where I purchased the game, and they told me to contact the developer. I contacted Deep Silver and they said:

"The two symbols 'co-op 2-4' and 'system link 2-4' stand for the same thing,
    that's a bit unfortunate but according to Microsoft's rules you have to use
    both symbols as a publisher if a game can be played offline via system link in
    co-op."

Well holy $#%&. I contacted Microsoft and they indicated that this was NOT the case, and that they did not know where they got that information.

I am disgruntled. If co-op 2-4 and system link 2-4 mean the same thing, why the hell wouldn't you just put them as one label??? (And yes they are both in green). I think this is horrible marketing just to pull in more customers, and that they should be very specific on the box what they are offering.

On a side note, there isn't jack in the manual about multiplayer either.

Yeh I have the same problem, even though the game is great etc I was lead to believe it had offline splitscreen, alot of people have said the green : co-op 2-4 means system link but it dusn't, it means splitscreen, why put this on the box if you don't support it, very angry.

The Undead's Nightmare Krazee DD's Avatar
    If anything you should be pissed at yourself.

Go look at the MANY game that have the same thing.

Too Human doesn't have split screen but it has that badge. The badge indicates that there is offline co op. NOT splitscreen.

Lookinto something before you buy it bud.

ROCK ON!

Nope I was fully aware that there was no splitscreen.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazee DD View Post
    If anything you should be pissed at yourself.

Go look at the MANY game that have the same thing.

Too Human doesn't have split screen but it has that badge. The badge indicates that there is offline co op. NOT splitscreen.

Lookinto something before you buy it bud.
    Offline co-op and system link are two different things. Call of Duty Black Ops for example, has 2-18 system link, and co-op 2-4. These are different numbers for different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by janitar1 View Post
    Offline co-op and system link are two different things. Call of Duty Black Ops for example, has 2-18 system link, and co-op 2-4. These are different numbers for different reasons.

Well said, not much more I can add to that +1 for you sir.

Head Hunter
    omg how old are you dude everyone nows that co-op means system link jk it happend to me once

Ok say I'm wrong and it does mean system link, why put co-op 2-4 and then system link 2-4 on the box, just makes **** confusing man.

I admit, I'm at fault for the same thing. I was so looking forward to the game. I spent hours scouring every news bit pertaining to its release prior to launch. For some reason, I just assumed that multiplayer meant split-screen/couch co-op. A simple, dumb mistake.
    It's probably because I enjoy split-screen so much more than any other play mode that I assumed this. Sigh, only if. Now I'm just hoping the multiplayer aspect will be up and running for PS3, as of right now the Lobby is grayed out because of the Save game glitch.

To say the least, its really poor marketing just to pull in more customers. I mean, just be more descriptive on the packaging, I don't want to spend $60 for something that I am not sure of due to sketchy packaging. I even called the guys at Gamestop and even they were unaware of it NOT having offline co-op (non system link).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information