Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks Sartex and yes got back in. I noticed when I did a search that many people had encountered the problem but no one could resolve it. So that's what I did - turn my xbox off and awaited about half an hour before turning it back on.

Glad to help. Though, it seems Dead Island is really buggy but I have never really had lots of problems with it. Probably like 1-5 encounters with bugs. But, I am quite the experienced player so I know about these bugs.

If you ever need anymore help just ask.

As a Moderator on this Forum's I will help anyone who needs help. So please, if you got any problems, feel free to ask me.
    I am an experienced Dead Island Player and I have been on this Forum for a while now. I also post very helpful Tips & Tricks
    about Dead Island so feel free to check out my Profile where there are links to some of my threads that my help you out a lot
    through Dead Island.

Also, to those new members who recently joined the Forum's,
    Please don't forget to read the forum rules (http://www.deadislandforums.com/announcement.php?f=6) and also, come on down
    to the Shoutbox > Chatroom where you can chat with other Dead Island Forum players. :P

Thanks for reading this. Bye!
    - Sartex

so the game actually tracks your closest location at each quest. what that means is if you highlight an unfinished quest and 'load last checkpoint' you'll be taken to that last checkpoint. prison usually tries to erase unfinished quests, however, some of them get through.

*Show must go on
    *A matter of honor
    Where is my pineapple

for the pineapple quest, grab the laptop and do NOT turn in the laptop. once you go to prison highlight the pineapple quest and select 'load checkpoint' to return to the lab. all waypoints will work. to get Back to prison you can:

wait until you are at the last boss (waypoint: hospital roof)
    load an unfinished prison quest (highlight, then load checkpoint)
    join someone elses game at a prior point

if you are doing sidequests and want to turn them in, select the main quest and click load. for example, grab car parts. select sinamoi's mission and hit load, and you'll teleport back to the lifeguard tower with your car parts, no need to run all the way back. continuous quests now become an auxillary waypoint map. if you get lost, don't feel like running, are about to die, etc simply town portal back.

this trick allows you to join Anyone's game once you reach ch 18. you are no longer trapped trying to find someone to quest with you in act 4. since everyone will have an equal or lower chapter than you, you can start the game anywhere with anyone.

that above list is by no means exhaustive. continuous quests will not be displayed while in prison, but will reappear once you teleport out.
    * taken from http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...2119708&page=2

Dude... Your like the 'terms of agreements'

Right when I saw how big that MSG was. I was like.... "naaah, im not reading that shiz."

As a Moderator on this Forum's I will help anyone who needs help. So please, if you got any problems, feel free to ask me.
    I am an experienced Dead Island Player and I have been on this Forum for a while now. I also post very helpful Tips & Tricks
    about Dead Island so feel free to check out my Profile where there are links to some of my threads that my help you out a lot
    through Dead Island.

Please don't forget to read the forum rules (http://www.deadislandforums.com/announcement.php?f=6) and also, come on down
    to the Shoutbox > Chatroom where you can chat with other Dead Island Forum players. :P

- Sartex

Quote Originally Posted by sartex View Post
    You cant access prison through Fast Travel. Go back to the Radio thingy, where you go to to get transported to Prison, to get back to Prison.

There is no way in or out of the Prison. Once your mission is to go to the Prison through the radio and you go through it. You are stuck at Prison and cant get in or out.

Your game just probably didn't save so thats why u were sent back out of the Prison.
    thats what i was thinking you just probably save before your game before you shut it off

Quote Originally Posted by sartex View Post
    Dude... Your like the 'terms of agreements'

Right when I saw how big that MSG was. I was like.... "naaah, im not reading that shiz."
    I thought the same thing. The attention span of the internet forum user is short, myself included, that is why I try to keep my posts short and sweet.

POTENTIAL SOLUTION...worked for me!

I had this same problem as I turned the game off right when Act IV started as it seemed like a good, safe point to stop for the night. The next day I fired up the game and, like many others, was no longer at the prison and didn't have the option to go back using the CB radio! WTF? And because this game isn't new any more I couldn't find a game to join as a workaround like the few other posts mentioned... But I did find my way back! What I did was I had a couple side missions I still had open so I finished those, quit the game, then reloaded and it brought me back to the prison.

Anyhow, I didn't see this scenario mentioned anywhere and I suspect this may be the cause for a lot of people that have this issue, that the game is bringing them back due to open side missions messing with how the game views their progress. Hopefully if/when others run into this issue in the future, they'll find this post.
    Last edited by Kibble; 11-08-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibble View Post

I had this same problem as I turned the game off right when Act IV started as it seemed like a good, safe point to stop for the night. The next day I fired up the game and, like many others, was no longer at the prison and didn't have the option to go back using the CB radio! WTF? And because this game isn't new any more I couldn't find a game to join as a workaround like the few other posts mentioned... But I did find my way back! What I did was I had a couple side missions I still had open so I finished those, quit the game, then reloaded and it brought me back to the prison.

Anyhow, I didn't see this scenario mentioned anywhere and I suspect this may be the cause for a lot of people that have this issue, that the game is bringing them back due to open side missions messing with how the game views their progress. Hopefully if/when others run into this issue in the future, they'll find this post.
    Hahaha, well.. This is somewhat a similar issue for chapter 14. Thanks for an answer.... But, please dont post inndead threas that no one posts in. Thanks though.

through Dead Island.

- Sartex

Quote Originally Posted by Kibble View Post

Sounds like a good solution that could work.

I think you're good to post in here. It's a common problem that now has a solution.

Sorry, Aron

New members and other people who have forgotten the rules, please read and understand them. They can be found here: http://www.deadislandforums.com/announcement.php?f=10

Make up sex -- it's sex you make up when you haven't really had it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrobb911 View Post
    Sounds like a good solution that could work.

I think you're good to post in here. It's a common problem that now has a solution.

Sorry, Aron
    WTF?!?! You always yell at me and everyone else if they bump old threads. Like... -_- You are such a... Umm... A... .......

through Dead Island.

- Sartex

Thread Information