+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Version - Dead Island Duplication Tutorial/Guide's

PS3 Version - Dead Island Duplication Tutorial/Guide's

Well i wanted to contribute something so i decided to make a few guides on all the methods i know in duplicating stuff.

Method 1 (you need to do this solo no online you can do it in co-op mode but make sure no one joins you)- Suicide and checkpoint (you can duplicate any thing weapons, diamonds, parts etc):
    Now this may all ready be on you tube, but i managed to make it so that you can do it more then 1 time a checkpoint i managed to trick the checkpoint system.

Now i will use diamonds as an example.

now we start of with the amount of diamonds you have so in this case say you have 5 diamonds.
    now for this to work. you need to have probably just started a side mission. any will do.

and you have one of the main campaign mission's ready to go not started yet just ready to start it.

now be sure to save the game. the method i use to save the game is by pressing the start button then triangle to quit to main menu. then it should flash some sort of red Toxic symbol in the top right corner. once done go back into the game.

now start the main mission once started drop all your diamonds on the floor. and kill yourself i use deo-bombs now when you die or as soon as u are dead press start and re-load last checkpoint. now you should still have the same amount of money left and deo-bombs and 5 diamond in your inventory + the 5 on the floor. and you should still be able to start the main mission mission again. pick up all diamonds and now you have 10.

Key notes:

now i'm not sure how this works but when you die and reload checkpoint it like reloads the game save you last saved while still leaving the items you dropped on the floor. and no change made to your character.

now that you have 10 diamonds you can repeat this method. you all ways start the main mission first. then drop all items on the floor if they are stack-able (if weapons u can drop as many as u want (stack-able items you have to drop them all for it to work) now kill your self again and re-load checkpoint. now you should have your 5 diamonds that you have in your inventory + the 10 you dropped on the floor. if you want to raise it to a higher quantity of diamonds you have to save the game with that higher quantity of diamonds in your inventory. so once you have duplicated to like 30 diamonds. quit to main menu to save the game, and then re-enter the game. and repeat the same method but each time you reload checkpoint you will have 30 diamonds instead of 5 because your new save has a higher quantity saved + the 30 dropped on the floor and so on.
    remember you can do this with any thing you want.

Method 2 - (you need to do this with a friend) this one is a bit easier.

now say you have 100 diamonds or items or weapons you want to duplicate. make sure you have saved the game. by quieting to main menu then re-entering the game, to make sure the quantity of items is saved onto your game save. now either join your friend or get him to join you. now you trade all your items say 100 diamonds or what ever. once you have successfully traded all your items away. quit the game back to the PlayStation main menu (you have to quit the game right after the trade before it auto saves (the red flashing toxic symbol) you can either just pres the turn of button on your PS3 Console and start it back up or you can hold the PlayStation button in the middle of your controller. until a black screen shows up, select the option "quit game" and press yes to confirm if it asks you to. now start up the game again and re-load the same game save and you should still have your 100 diamonds that you traded away in your inventory.

Key Notes: now you may be thinking i traded away those diamonds and i still have them, when you have reloaded the game. now the trick hare is the game thinks you never traded them away because the game did not save after you have traded them away. so you always start back with what you had after the last save. so if the game does not save after you trade something and you quit the game completely it does not save. (unless you go back to the dead island main menu then it saves and you loose your diamonds/items you traded away.(by just quit-ING the game right away back to PlayStation menu the game does not save Which is good you keep your stuff ) - you can do this with any item you want. so when you have done this like 10 times your friend should have 1000 diamonds.

now ask him to give you all your diamonds back then. drop out of the game and press start and triangle to go back to dead island main menu so the game saves with your new quantity of diamonds to your game save/character. now re-enter the game and give your 1100-1000 diamonds to your friend and quit the game back to PlayStation main menu. so now when you reload the game you will have your 1100-1000 diamonds/items and your friend will have the same quantity you gave him.

Method 3 - (you need a partner and a chainsaw or a automatic rifle with ammo of course)

now you can do this with melee weapons or normal guns, also with dead body's that have cash or cash registers that have cash.

now the person who has the chainsaw/gun shoot's the item that you want to duplicate. say A Mace. he shoot the Mace on the floor make sure he is shooting right at it full auto at it without stopping. and you or the person without the gun/chainsaw keeps on pressing squire to pick up the item and should be able to keep picking it up as long the item is being shot at.

Key Notes: this like the item is stuck to the floor or ground and you just pick up it's offspring - children (it's the only example i knew) you can use your chain saw as well so you just hold the fire button on it and its like your cutting the item on the floor while the other person pick's it up non stop. you can do this cash registers and dead body's that have money on them. or weapons as well. you can use the gun version at shooting at it on cash registers and body's as well.

Method 4 - (my Favorite, you can do this in online or solo does not matter, but you need to be able to access your storage you can either use Jin's storage or the one at the Blood Bath arena Lobby)

now you can only do this with weapons, and some items. (so Guns, Melee Weapons, alcohol, Doe-Bombs ect) (for bombs you have to have only one on you not stacks of 30 same goes with storage only the 1 bomb that it)

now only very few people know this method.

what you do is choose the item you want to dupe i used a Mace for this.

now empty your entire inventory into storage. have nothing but The one item. (you can only have the one item if you want to dupe it. so if u have 10 or more copy's of it in storage get rid of them. and only have the one in your inventory)
    now have The Mace/Item equipped - make sure it show's up in the wheel of weapons when you hold R2. now hold triangle for 4 seconds even when you dropped it you hold it until 4 seconds have passed. now hold squire for 4 seconds so when you have picked it back up keep holding until 4 seconds have passed (now after you have picked it back up don't Press R2 don't do any thing but access the storage). now press squire on Jim's storage and store the Mace/item. don't quit the storage yet. go and find the Mace/Item and take it back out. now press Circle to exit storage. and now press triangle hold for like 2 seconds and keep pressing it every 2 seconds and you should be able to keep dropping the Mace/Item non stop. if u press any other button then the triangle button you messed up the glitch and you will have to do it all over again (make sure u only have one copy of that item in inventory and none in storage to dupe it) if it is not working your doing some thing wrong.

now with alcohol it is a bit different. store all your alcohol into Jim's storage first. then take it out you will notice that it is not equipped and it is not on the wheel or weapons. now you open up inventory and highlight alcohol (you need at lease 2 X Alcohol to do this)
    now press triangle to drop 1 alcohol. now exit inventory and pick up the alcohol you dropped on the floor (remember 4 seconds holding squire when picking it up). (be sure to do this rather then equip-ting alcohol through the inventory menu) now store the alcohol into storage. now go and find it in storage and take it back out. now just as before press triangle every 2 seconds to keep dropping it to duplicate it.

hare is a video if your still have trouble. (note the video is not made by me by some one else and it is the only one out there.):

if still having trouble's either add me on PSN the_lost_soul or message me hare on this site or PSN if friends list full. and i will try my best to help you out when i am available.

these all work currently on patch 1.04/1.03 - if higher then they may stop working.

Method 5 -
    Reject and accept method:

KEY NOTES: The way this works the person that is trading the items allays rejects the trade the other persons accepts it but both of them do it at the same time so the giver rejects and the person to accepts, accepts the trade while the other person rejects it at the same time.

Other Random Glitch: To kill fast travel you press square and select at the same time on the fast Travel

Re-Worded Version:

Ok Now 1st U Need a partner to do this with ok (U Still with me?)

Now you can use this with any gun or any other weapon or item’s / Craft Items – U get the point.

Now in this example I am using Diamonds oooo – interesting $$$$

Version 1 U Are Giving Away The Goods While Partner Receives:

Open up a trade menu with your partner.

Now press on the diamonds 50 times. Once you are done you will see that you are just about to trade 50 diamonds in the trade window/box.

Now Press Square to Accept But your partner does not accept the trade yet ok – u still with me?

Now this is best done with a microphone so your partner can hear you.
    Now speaking through the Microphone you tell your partner when you say 3 he accepts the trade, while you reject the trade.

So you say 1…2…3! – You Press circle while your Partner Presses Square. – Now tell your partner if he has received the 50 Diamonds and check UR inventory if you still have the 50 diamonds. If all ok you done it successfully.

Version 2 U Are Receiving The Goods While Partner Gives Away:

Same example as B4 Diamonds.

Open up a trade menu with your partner.

Now Your Partner Presses on His Diamonds 50 times. Once he is done. You should see in his trade box that he is about to trade away 50 diamonds to you.

Now Your Partner Presses square to accept and YOU still wait YOU Do not Press any thing yet, is that CLEAR!

Now your partner Talks through his Microphone

And tells you this “On 3 YOU Accept the trade by pressing Square” and on 3 YOUR Partner Presses Circle.

Then He says this:

1…2…3! YOU NOW PRESS Square While your Partner Presses Circle.

If done so correctly on your partners screen should say Rejected Trade while on your Screen accepted Trade.

Another way to cheek is to see if you have the 50 diamonds in your inventory and that your partner has not lost any of his diamonds.

Other Notes: Now Remember you don't have to do this with diamonds. you can use any thing like med-kits or Battery's or gun's/maces anything you could possibly trade OK.
    as for stacked items i suggest you start with about 50 or less until you and your partner get's the hang of this glitch. then you can start increasing in size like from 50-100
    100-200 and so on. try not to go over 700 OR 1000 because this tends to some time's freeze Your PS3 or cause other problems.

Last edited by XxUnkn0wnxX; 12-27-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Your Welcome Thank You for not bothering to commenting on my TUT's

Yes!!!

You are a rose among thorns sir. I had been attempting to do your no. 1 for awhile, and it works, but it is no where near as effective as your no. 4. THAT WAS AWESOME!!! I figured I would mess it up the first couple of times... nope, first try and it worked. FYI, I'm playing on XBOX, I used the Arena storage (I haven't even gotten to the jungle yet), and you didn't mention this, but I noticed that as long as I don't swing, change weapons, or do anything crazy, I can make a bunch of duplicates, pick them up, turn around and sell them, and once they are all picked up and sold: continue dropping more without starting the process over. (even though my inventory says I do not have any, I'm still holding it in my hand somehow and can carry on dropping.) Awesome find, and yes, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by XxUnkn0wnxX View Post
    Well i wanted to contribute something so i decided to make a few guides on all the methods i know in duplicating stuff.

Method 1 (you need to do this solo no online you can do it in co-op mode but make sure no one joins you)- Suicide and checkpoint (you can duplicate any thing weapons, diamonds, parts etc):
    Now this may all ready be on you tube, but i managed to make it so that you can do it more then 1 time a checkpoint i managed to trick the checkpoint system.

Now i will use diamonds as an example.

now we start of with the amount of diamonds you have so in this case say you have 5 diamonds.
    now for this to work. you need to have probably just started a side mission. any will do.

and you have one of the main campaign mission's ready to go not started yet just ready to start it.

now be sure to save the game. the method i use to save the game is by pressing the start button then triangle to quit to main menu. then it should flash some sort of red Toxic symbol in the top right corner. once done go back into the game.

now start the main mission once started drop all your diamonds on the floor. and kill yourself i use deo-bombs now when you die or as soon as u are dead press start and re-load last checkpoint. now you should still have the same amount of money left and deo-bombs and 5 diamond in your inventory + the 5 on the floor. and you should still be able to start the main mission mission again. pick up all diamonds and now you have 10.

Key notes:

now i'm not sure how this works but when you die and reload checkpoint it like reloads the game save you last saved while still leaving the items you dropped on the floor. and no change made to your character.

now that you have 10 diamonds you can repeat this method. you all ways start the main mission first. then drop all items on the floor if they are stack-able (if weapons u can drop as many as u want (stack-able items you have to drop them all for it to work) now kill your self again and re-load checkpoint. now you should have your 5 diamonds that you have in your inventory + the 10 you dropped on the floor. if you want to raise it to a higher quantity of diamonds you have to save the game with that higher quantity of diamonds in your inventory. so once you have duplicated to like 30 diamonds. quit to main menu to save the game, and then re-enter the game. and repeat the same method but each time you reload checkpoint you will have 30 diamonds instead of 5 because your new save has a higher quantity saved + the 30 dropped on the floor and so on.
    remember you can do this with any thing you want.

Method 2 - (you need to do this with a friend) this one is a bit easier.

now say you have 100 diamonds or items or weapons you want to duplicate. make sure you have saved the game. by quieting to main menu then re-entering the game, to make sure the quantity of items is saved onto your game save. now either join your friend or get him to join you. now you trade all your items say 100 diamonds or what ever. once you have successfully traded all your items away. quit the game back to the PlayStation main menu (you have to quit the game right after the trade before it auto saves (the red flashing toxic symbol) you can either just pres the turn of button on your PS3 Console and start it back up or you can hold the PlayStation button in the middle of your controller. until a black screen shows up, select the option "quit game" and press yes to confirm if it asks you to. now start up the game again and re-load the same game save and you should still have your 100 diamonds that you traded away in your inventory.

Key Notes: now you may be thinking i traded away those diamonds and i still have them, when you have reloaded the game. now the trick hare is the game thinks you never traded them away because the game did not save after you have traded them away. so you always start back with what you had after the last save. so if the game does not save after you trade something and you quit the game completely it does not save. (unless you go back to the dead island main menu then it saves and you loose your diamonds/items you traded away.(by just quit-ING the game right away back to PlayStation menu the game does not save Which is good you keep your stuff ) - you can do this with any item you want. so when you have done this like 10 times your friend should have 1000 diamonds.

now ask him to give you all your diamonds back then. drop out of the game and press start and triangle to go back to dead island main menu so the game saves with your new quantity of diamonds to your game save/character. now re-enter the game and give your 1100-1000 diamonds to your friend and quit the game back to PlayStation main menu. so now when you reload the game you will have your 1100-1000 diamonds/items and your friend will have the same quantity you gave him.

Method 3 - (you need a partner and a chainsaw or a automatic rifle with ammo of course)

now you can do this with melee weapons or normal guns, also with dead body's that have cash or cash registers that have cash.

now the person who has the chainsaw/gun shoot's the item that you want to duplicate. say A Mace. he shoot the Mace on the floor make sure he is shooting right at it full auto at it without stopping. and you or the person without the gun/chainsaw keeps on pressing squire to pick up the item and should be able to keep picking it up as long the item is being shot at.

Key Notes: this like the item is stuck to the floor or ground and you just pick up it's offspring - children (it's the only example i knew) you can use your chain saw as well so you just hold the fire button on it and its like your cutting the item on the floor while the other person pick's it up non stop. you can do this cash registers and dead body's that have money on them. or weapons as well. you can use the gun version at shooting at it on cash registers and body's as well.

Method 4 - (my Favorite, you can do this in online or solo does not matter, but you need to be able to access your storage you can either use Jin's storage or the one at the Blood Bath arena Lobby)

now you can only do this with weapons, and some items. (so Guns, Melee Weapons, alcohol, Doe-Bombs ect) (for bombs you have to have only one on you not stacks of 30 same goes with storage only the 1 bomb that it)

now only very few people know this method.

what you do is choose the item you want to dupe i used a Mace for this.

now empty your entire inventory into storage. have nothing but The one item. (you can only have the one item if you want to dupe it. so if u have 10 or more copy's of it in storage get rid of them. and only have the one in your inventory)
    now have The Mace/Item equipped - make sure it show's up in the wheel of weapons when you hold R2. now hold triangle for 4 seconds even when you dropped it you hold it until 4 seconds have passed. now hold squire for 4 seconds so when you have picked it back up keep holding until 4 seconds have passed (now after you have picked it back up don't Press R2 don't do any thing but access the storage). now press squire on Jim's storage and store the Mace/item. don't quit the storage yet. go and find the Mace/Item and take it back out. now press Circle to exit storage. and now press triangle hold for like 2 seconds and keep pressing it every 2 seconds and you should be able to keep dropping the Mace/Item non stop. if u press any other button then the triangle button you messed up the glitch and you will have to do it all over again (make sure u only have one copy of that item in inventory and none in storage to dupe it) if it is not working your doing some thing wrong.

now with alcohol it is a bit different. store all your alcohol into Jim's storage first. then take it out you will notice that it is not equipped and it is not on the wheel or weapons. now you open up inventory and highlight alcohol (you need at lease 2 X Alcohol to do this)
    now press triangle to drop 1 alcohol. now exit inventory and pick up the alcohol you dropped on the floor (remember 4 seconds holding squire when picking it up). (be sure to do this rather then equip-ting alcohol through the inventory menu) now store the alcohol into storage. now go and find it in storage and take it back out. now just as before press triangle every 2 seconds to keep dropping it to duplicate it.

hare is a video if your still have trouble. (note the video is not made by me by some one else and it is the only one out there.):

if still having trouble's either add me on PSN the_lost_soul or message me hare on this site or PSN if friends list full. and i will try my best to help you out when i am available.

these all work currently on patch 1.04/1.03 - if higher then they may stop working.

Method 5 - Reject and accept method:

now for this method to work you need a partner. now what you do is say trade 1000 Diamonds to your partner now you count on 3 and on 3 you Acept the trade first then on 3 u reject while your partner accepts the trade so you keep your diamonds while your partner gets your diamonds.

the way this works th
    e person that is trading the items allays rejects the trade the other persons accepts it but both of them do it at the same time so the giver rejects and the person to accepts, accepts the trade while the other person rejects it at the same time.

to kill fast travel you press square and select at the same time on the fast
    Travel
    holy crap it worked method 4 was so easy Thanks XxUnKnownxX

Time Zone
    Eastern Time Zone
    I'm quite sad that you posted the 4th method. It was a secret method out for a very long time. I am sad about the guy who posted the video. It was supposed to stay off Youtube and Forums and only on PS3. Thouhg, its highly unlikely that Techland would patch it. No one wanted to post it because they didnt want to take risks. But thanks for sharing it... Its already all over PSN. Hahahaha, Techland gives no shiz to Duping anymore. XD

As a Moderator on this Forum's I will help anyone who needs help. So please, if you got any problems, feel free to ask me.
    I am an experienced Dead Island Player and I have been on this Forum for a while now. I also post very helpful Tips & Tricks
    about Dead Island so feel free to check out my Profile where there are links to some of my threads that my help you out a lot
    through Dead Island.

Also, to those new members who recently joined the Forum's,
    Please don't forget to read the forum rules (http://www.deadislandforums.com/announcement.php?f=6) and also, come on down
    to the Shoutbox > Chatroom where you can chat with other Dead Island Forum players. :P

Thanks for reading this. Bye!
    - Sartex

Is there a limit on how much champagne or diamonds you have/trade... I have 5000 champagne and 4000 diamonds. I was gonna dupe them with my friend so he can give them to the other 3 characters I've just started so I can level up to level 60 in no time. Will my friend be able to hold up to at least 25,000 champagne?

Time Zone
    Eastern Time Zone
    Quote Originally Posted by TGroves14 View Post
    Is there a limit on how much champagne or diamonds you have/trade... I have 5000 champagne and 4000 diamonds. I was gonna dupe them with my friend so he can give them to the other 3 characters I've just started so I can level up to level 60 in no time. Will my friend be able to hold up to at least 25,000 champagne?
    Ive never heard of a limit of misc items....
    And bro, give me soooooome!!!!! XD lol

As a Moderator on this Forum's I will help anyone who needs help. So please, if you got any problems, feel free to ask me.
    I am an experienced Dead Island Player and I have been on this Forum for a while now. I also post very helpful Tips & Tricks
    about Dead Island so feel free to check out my Profile where there are links to some of my threads that my help you out a lot
    through Dead Island.

Please don't forget to read the forum rules (http://www.deadislandforums.com/announcement.php?f=6) and also, come on down
    to the Shoutbox > Chatroom where you can chat with other Dead Island Forum players. :P

- Sartex

Time Zone
    Eastern Time Zone
    I am having problems with method 5!!!! Help?

through Dead Island.

- Sartex

Tourist
    hey you kick ass thanks ! :P

Time Zone
    Eastern Time Zone
    I never really quite understood your directions on the last method so I explained my directions on my thread. :P

through Dead Island.

- Sartex

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information