+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Riptide ending ( EPIC SPOILERS)

Riptide ending ( EPIC SPOILERS)

The ending in riptide is suprising.
      Spoiler: {option} 
    After escaping the island of palanai on a boat, the game then goes into a sequence saying 6 days later. Sam b, logan, purna and all the other characters that escaped had all been infected and killed, and the boat washes up on a new island. About 9 zombies could possibly go on a rampage on the island thus making a third game?
    if u r reading this, reply to what you think of this.
    Last edited by rrobb911; 04-22-2013 at 09:59 PM.

Tourist
    I think they can very well have a third game. I haven't played the game yet, so did the asian girl die?
    - K

wait, are we sure they were killed? all it shows is the boat washing up on the shore.
    Last edited by unknownhero; 04-22-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyNdIcAtE View Post
    The ending in riptide is suprising.
    After escaping the island of palanai on a boat, the game then goes into a sequence saying 6 days later. Sam b, logan, purna and all the other characters that escaped had all been infected and killed, and the boat washes up on a new island. About 9 zombies could possibly go on a rampage on the island thus making a third game?
    if u r reading this, reply to what you think of this.
    I added spoiler tags to it just so unsuspecting viewers aren't mad.

The ending sounds interesting, thanks for sharing because I probably won't buy it.

New members and other people who have forgotten the rules, please read and understand them. They can be found here: http://www.deadislandforums.com/announcement.php?f=10 But most of you don't care...so just ignore them...

Make up sex -- it's sex you make up when you haven't really had it.

Yes unforntunatly she may have died. When the boat washes up on the island, a woman comes out of her shack listening to No Room in Hell by Sam B. She walks up to the boat and it is covered in blood, and the blood trails lead inside of the ship. Perhaps they didnt die, but they might have.

I think it's a brilliant ending!

Techland/Deep Silver could go in one of two directions now...they could make a Dead Island 2 on the island where the boat washed ashore and with named zombies of our five heroes of Dead Island and Dead Island Riptide OR they could make Dead World that focuses on a continent since Yerema was 'sent to another location' at the beginning of Riptide.

Also we really don't know what happened to the Heroes, are they dead? Did they jump ship? Did they see the other survivors in the boat start to turn and lock them below decks?

I love it! Excellent cliffhanger!

Tourist
    I actually don't think they are dead, since when can zombies turn latches. I think it may have been just the song and they timed it like that. It said it was six days later, and it was getting late, so they could have been bedding down to sleep(or already asleep), then heard the music and came out.

Well they have turned, besides seeing the blood on the boat at the very last second you hear a zombie moan. There's a pretty good chance this may be the last Dead Island. If you haven't noticed Riptide is much and I mean much smaller than the original. But it does have new features. Chances are there's going to be dlc with Harlow.

If there were to be another Dead Island it would require another group of immune to some how meet each other along with mixing up new skill sets and that just seems too much for anything to happen for awhile. Hopefully they make it bigger with the new features as well but that probably wont happen until new generation.

I guess it is possible to have fewer characters and be able to select your skill trees. Not to mention that one character Yerema went off somewhere else. Could easily add others.
    Last edited by xAtlas; 04-28-2013 at 04:01 AM.

I thought the story of this game was a vast improvement over the original Dead Island. In the end, the "Heroes" turn into a special type of the infected; the same type of infected that Harlow becomes in the second to last sequence, the time we killed her; also what Dr. Kessler warns the heroes about in the lab. That's to be expected after injecting themselves with the same mutagen that Harlow injected herself with that turned her. Although the ending of the game is logically obvious, the lack of definitive visuals still leave the ending somewhat vague. Which means, they can actually spin something here where the heroes actually were alive and not turned; multiple, albeit foolish, but possible scenarios.

Judging by the way the Deep Silver staff marketed this game as a "spin-off" of the original, instead of a sequel, the next Dead Island game will likely not have anything to do with the characters of Dead Island or Dead Island: Riptide; possibly being one of those "different universe" settings where the former never existed. In my personal opinion, I'm betting the next Dead Island game won't even take place on an island -- they had to trademark "Dead World" for some reason, right?

The Undead's Nightmare
    i kinda liked the ending, i was hoping that the survivors busted out of the boat and rushed that girl though

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information