Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banoi Island Security Feral_Soul's Avatar
    Are there any chapters after you get on the boat? WTF? The game just ends?

I was actually thinking that they were turned into the named zombies much like the ones that are in the achievement. Big, strong, fast crazy versions of there former selves. To mash-up a couple of the previous posts, I think the reason why the devs were so adimit to call RipTide a spin-off and not a sequal is because we might be getting NEW characters to play as that will find the boat and take on the originals. This could play out a couple ways too. Half way through the fight they phase back into who they were and now you can choose from 8 character and have alternate endings. AurtherBunghole FTW (For the WIN!)

I've re-watched the ending a few times, and I cannot see any blood on the boat, unless I'm somehow missing it.
    Yes, there is a growl when the handle turns, but there is no reason for that to mean the main 4/5 characters are now dead.
    The boat could have drifted from anywhere, which means the original immune may have gotten off elsewhere.

Yes, Harlow ended up turning into that beast-thing, but only because she took huge doses of it. The main characters took 1, and there's no proof that it'll turn them into what Harlow was.

I really hope they bring the original characters back, alive. I feel like this was a really bad ending to the game, as it was already a let-down in my eyes.

Spoiler: {option} 
    I was disappointed in the 'disappearance' of Charon/Kevin. He was the key figure in DI and they just wrote him out...

I am thinking that if they do a Dead Island 3/Dead World, they will have different characters (like Left 4 Dead, switching it up a bit). Since the 'The End' tag made it seem like that was it for those characters.

i was kind of shocked that that was it, i thought there was going to be one more chapter good thing i made a usb save backup because it forces you to start over. its somewhat of a good mysterious ending but i was still pissed off. the story just came to a screeching hault. i thought i was going to have another big fight at the end and have to defend the fort and there wasnt crap

The Undead's Nightmare Oldman Jr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dymez View Post
    I thought the story of this game was a vast improvement over the original Dead Island. In the end, the "Heroes" turn into a special type of the infected; the same type of infected that Harlow becomes in the second to last sequence, the time we killed her; also what Dr. Kessler warns the heroes about in the lab. That's to be expected after injecting themselves with the same mutagen that Harlow injected herself with that turned her. Although the ending of the game is logically obvious, the lack of definitive visuals still leave the ending somewhat vague. Which means, they can actually spin something here where the heroes actually were alive and not turned; multiple, albeit foolish, but possible scenarios.

Judging by the way the Deep Silver staff marketed this game as a "spin-off" of the original, instead of a sequel, the next Dead Island game will likely not have anything to do with the characters of Dead Island or Dead Island: Riptide; possibly being one of those "different universe" settings where the former never existed. In my personal opinion, I'm betting the next Dead Island game won't even take place on an island -- they had to trademark "Dead World" for some reason, right?
    not at all, alot of times they just trademark anything that is a possibility. Look at Arkham World, it was trademarked awhile ago and yet we have origins...Anyway I completely agree with you on the ending, even though it was hinted at their was no visual vailidation they can tech do anything.

TPG Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TPGTeeVee

Banoi Island Security
    I was hoping they would get a boat to a resort. The resort was a great map. The monsoon is annoying, i like bright zombie maps in nice surroundings.

The Undead's Nightmare Oldman Jr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai View Post
    I was hoping they would get a boat to a resort. The resort was a great map. The monsoon is annoying, i like bright zombie maps in nice surroundings.
    the monsoon didn't even make sense haha it would just like instantly cut to rain.

TPG Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TPGTeeVee

Banoi Island Resident Edward Richtofen's Avatar

Post The possibilities for Dead Island to go perhaps Dead World.

From what I have seen in the ending and based on what I have seen in the game there are many possibilities. Heads up because this includes lots of spoilers.
    1. Charron/kevin was left to the unknown as well as Yerema and the scientist who was watching her. So perhaps Charron executes a plan and uses Yerema as a way to get rich by selling her as a bio weapon to terrorists and they in turn use her to infect the world, hence the possible title Dead World.
    2. After Harlow injected herself with a large dose of the mutagen only two things happened. First she became extremely aggressive hence her killing all the researchers and attacking the four heroes with a chainsaw and molotovs. Second she became very powerful and was able to regenerate. This scenario leads me to believe that the same thing happened to the 5 survivors. They became aggressive and perhaps killed the other non-immune and maybe each other as well, but at least one would have survived this so maybe one of the survivors leads others.
    3. The survivors got off somewhere else and zombies got on the boat they left and drifted off. Then that island gets infected by zombies and another Dead Island gets made by Deep Silver.
    The only good zombie Is ONE THAT FOLLOWS ME!

I just completed the game and I must say, that ending, I'm actually disappointed. When it came down to the whole "Six days later" thing I thought this was them arriving on another map somewhere. I really didn't expect that to be the ending. I also see how right people were when they were complaining on how short the campaign was. There wright it really is. In all rounds it was a good game just a dull ending and shorter storyline then the first. I also fail to see any blood during the Last credited scene on the boat so I don't really think the Pc died.
    Last edited by Neeko; 05-03-2013 at 05:47 AM.
    That dude that told you change was for the best? Yeah he lied..

Thread Information