Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've only lost sound once, so far. I can't remember what chapter I was on when the sound randomly cut out. I thought it'd come back but after 15 minutes of wandering around without sound I shut my 360 off, got the game running again, and sound was back.

Surprising that there still hasn't been a patch for the lag and sound issues, among other issues. Hopefully we'll see it soon!

Tourist
    I just got the game yesterday and i was playing the game at a friends house. We experienced the no sound thing after 20 minutes of play and we just thought it was some wiring in his system, so we carried on. I started playing it at home the next day and had the same thing happen, if you really want to play the game now and not wait for the patch you wait until you reach checkpoint then exit to your Xbox main menu, eject the game then put it right back in. When on the games main menu if there is no sound go into the in game menu and wait around 1 minute, if it takes longer i don't know what is up. But if your sound turns back on then just exit the menu and play as you should, with sound. I'm just doing this now so i'm not sure how long it will last until it goes out again, but still this is not, i repeat is not a permanent fix, its just a way to play the game for now. Hope this helps, it worked for me.

Tourist
    Hey guys i am new to the forum and i have experienced this problem as well very angry. I bought the zombie bite edition i think it is called for 100 and can't play it at all what a waste of money. Every time i try and go through the prologue the sound goes completely and i can't continue the game with no sound. I dashboard but that doesn't work still no sound even on that. I have to turn my Xbox off and back on and then when i choose to continue the campaign it puts me back at the start i go through the prologue again and the sound goes again. It goes each time at different points in the game always before the checkpoint and when it goes i can't get it back until i turn it off. I am annoyed that they haven't fixed such a major fault bad game coding that was overlooked. I know loads of my friends and random people that experience this fault i mean allot of people. For those that think it will get fixed sorry they can't fix it with a patch they can only add stuff with a patch not remove things unless minor as for that fault that is the games main coding which can't be altered unless they remake the game. That is why the same sort of fault is in dead island 1 and hasn't been fixed.

Tourist
    I have noticed that 5,400 people have viewed this thread i am guessing most of them have experienced this fault but have not replied. If they would like something to get done about it we need more people to reply to say that they are having this problem. If this is the no.1 dead island riptide forum that means the developers probably look at this. If they do and see that 5000 people are having this issue then they might do something about it seen as if they want people to buy there products in the future then they have to show they care. More people that say they have this issue the more likely they will do something.

No sound = not worth playing /paying for this

I created a petition on change.org, that maybe will help us get results faster.

http://www.change.org/petitions/dead...our-money-back

Audio screeching Disadvantage Using 7.1 sound will cause a screeching noise. Fix Drop down to 5.1 sound or below[10] or Fix Change API to aOpenAL in Audio.scr[11] Navigate to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\DeadIsland\out\Settings\ Open Audio.scr using Notepad. Change API("XAudio2") to API("aOpenAL") and save. (the firt Fix works for me.)

http://dead-island-riptide.pubarticl...366681678.html

I just got this game last Sunday. Went to play it for first time today and about 3 mins into the game the sound stopped. Restarted the game and didn't even have sound for the little movie before you start playing. Not happy at all. Game cost over $50. They need to get this fixed

Thumbs up >.> Much of the same

I'm having all the same problems, and I don't have the money to freaking waste. It's been long enough that they should have a patch. And yet nothing. This is ridiculous.

I recently had this problem as well. I thought it was my PS3 over heating or something, then thought it was my headset. I think its just the games NEW patch falling apart...

Both of these games have been a huge inconvenience for me playing either online or by myself..

Quote Originally Posted by Nlelo View Post
    Audio screeching Disadvantage Using 7.1 sound will cause a screeching noise. Fix Drop down to 5.1 sound or below[10] or Fix Change API to aOpenAL in Audio.scr[11] • Navigate to %USERPROFILE%\Documents\DeadIsland\out\Settings\ Open Audio.scr using Notepad. Change API("XAudio2") to API("aOpenAL") and save. (the firt Fix works for me.)

http://dead-island-riptide.pubarticl...366681678.html
    Not to helpful for those playing on PS3 or Xbox

Thread Information