+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Riptide's "Dead Zones"

Head Hunter

Riptide's "Dead Zones"

Starting this thread for discussion on anything and everything pertaining to Riptide's "Dead Zones"

I'm looking for specific info that I will outline, and I'm sure as the game's community would like to know as it becomes known, so feel free to post your findings here to help the game's community. Let’s help each other out.

1. Looking for locations of "Dead Zones"
    2. Any info about the "named bosses" (hit points, names, special attacks, ect...)
    3. If there is a higher chance for better loot drops from the bosses (What did you find? Stats and type of weapon please)
    4. How many "Dead Zones" are there and in what chapter do they become accessible?
    5. Are the "Dead Zones" a separate instance, and how big are they?
    6. And of course any other questions I have left out that would be information relevant to dead zones that people want answers too

Thanks all, and please be respectful and polite to one another in posting your findings, and above all else, have fun.

Below is an updated listing as of 5/13/13 of the Zones I've cleared:

"Abandoned Movie Set"
    Named Boss: None
    Mods: None
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Heavy Duty Tape" and "Circuit Boards"
    Loot-able Chests: One I think
    Work Bench: Yes
    Other notables: A chainsaw spawns inside this instance every time you go in.

"James Nisira's Bungalow"
    Named Boss: Yes, James "Killer" Nisira
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Semi-Conductors", "Titanium Pipe", and "Propane Cutter"
    Loot-able Chests: Two I think
    Work Bench: None
    Other notables: Boss does not re-spawn after you kill him

"Ocean View Bungalows"
    Named Boss: Yes, Eduardo "Quick Death" Petoia
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Heavy Duty Tape", and "Circuit Boards"
    Loot-able Chests: Two I think
    Work Bench: Yes
    Other notables: Boss does not re-spawn after you kill him

"Abandoned Bungalow"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Heavy Duty Tape", “AC Power Box", and "Propane Cutter"
    Loot-able Chests: One Common chest, one Level 2 chest, and one Level 3 chest
    Other notables: Enemies include "Toxic Walkers", two "Thugs", and "Walkers"

"Abandoned Mataka Bungalow"
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the "Sharp Edge Mod" on the ground floor level of the bungalow. Use your flashlight and look in the left corner.
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Titanium Pipe", "AC Power Box", and "Semi-Conductors"
    Loot-able Chests: One Common chest, one level 1 chest, one level 2 chest, and one Level 3 chest that is hidden in the courtyard
    Other notables: Enemies include a "Butcher", "Frenzied Infected", and a "Thug" besides the norm.

"Crossroads Bungalow"
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the "Diamond Edge Mod" on a padded chair in the main room of the bungalow. Use your flashlight and look in the right corner.
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Aluminum Tube", "AC Power Box", and "2x Circuit Boards"
    Loot-able Chests: One Common chest, and one Level 3 chest I think.
    Other notables: N/A

"James O'Neal's Hideout"
    Named Boss: Yes, James "Deathtrap" O'Neal
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Aluminum Tube"
    Loot-able Chests: One Common chest, and one level 3 chest.
    Other notables: James "Deathtrap" O'Neal is a "Frenzied Infected" type

"Peter Spicer's Shack"
    Named Boss: Yes, Peter "Undying" W. Spicer
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Propane Cutter", and a "Titanium Pipe"
    Loot-able Chests: One Common chest, one Level 1 chest, and one level 3 chest.
    Other notables: "Undying" is a "Thug" type, and he has "Frenzied Infected" working for him.

"Oliver Wenge's Hideout"
    Named Boss: Yes, Oliver "Deathbone" Wenge
    Blue Consumables found inside: "AC Power Box", and a "Titanium Pipe"
    Loot-able Chests: One Common chest and one level 3 chest.
    Other notables: "Deathbone" is a "Frenzied Infected" type.

There is a secret "Dead Zone" that I have not visited yet but if you want directions look at this thread here:http://www.deadislandforums.com/show...iptide-secrets

Dead Zones in Henderson:

"Infested Basements"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Aluminum Tube", "Light Weight Frame", 2X"Semi-Conductors", "Cyanoacrylate Glue" and "Highly Conductive Wire".
    Loot-able Chests: Five

"Metzger Sloat's Hideout"
    Named Boss: Metzger Sloat
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the "Slash Mod"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Aluminum Tube", "Heavy Duty Tape", "Semi-Conductors", 2X"Circuit Boards", "AC Power Box", Cyanoacrylate Glue", and 2X"Highly Conductive Wire".
    Loot-able Chests: Four

"Safe Haven Motel"
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the "Shocking Sledge Mod" on a padded chair
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Aluminum Tube", "Water Purification Tablets", "Blanket", and Cyanoacrylate Glue".
    Other notables: This is the motel you have to go to in order to finish the quest "Safe Haven" from chapter 3: "Twisted Mind". Look all the way in the back room to get the last quest objective.

"Dr. JJ Evans Clinic"
    Named Boss: Yes, DR JJ "Scar" Evens
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Aluminum Tube", "Water Purification Tablets", "Blanket", "Insulating Tape" and “Cyanoacrylate Glue".

"Infested Depot"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Titanium Pipe", "Propane Cutter", "AC Power Box", and "Insulating Tape".

"George Serero’s Apartment "
    Named Boss: Yes, George "Body Eater" Serero
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the "Hooligan Riffle Mod"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Titanium Pipe", "Lightweight Frame", and "Water Purification Tablets".

"Ogio Moke's Laundry"
    Named Boss: Yes, Ogio Moke
    Mods: None"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Aluminum Tube", "Insulating Tape", and "Blanket".

"Infested Apartments"
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the "Meat Cutter Mod"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Titanium Pipe", and "Lightweight Frame".

"Infested Storage"
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the "Hooligan Gun Mod"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "AC Power Box", "Insulating Tape" and "Lightweight Frame".

"Infested House"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "AC Power Box", and "Propane Cutter".

“Frankie O’Hara’s Apartment”
    Named Boss: Yes, Frankie “The Scourge” O’Hara
    Blue Item Consumables found inside: “Water Purification Tablets”, “Heavy Duty Tape”, and “Circuit Boards”.
    Loot-able chests: Five
    Other Notables: N/A

“Infested Warehouse”
    Blue Item Consumables found inside: “Semi-Conductors” and “Circuit Boards”.
    Loot-able chests:?

“Geoffrey Nape’s Warehouse”
    Named Boss: Yes, Geoffrey ‘Walking Carcass” Nape
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the “Piranha Mod”
    Blue Item Consumables found inside: “Propane Cutter”, “Heavy Duty Tape”, “Highly Conductive Wire” and a “Titanium Pipe”.
    Loot-able chests: Five

There are more Dead Zones that I have not yet gone to so expect more to come

Respectfully,
    Undead Zen
    Last edited by Undead Zen; 05-14-2013 at 02:11 AM.

4.) I believe there are thirteen total Dead Zones (Friday the 13th reference?) and I cleared one right away in Chapter 1
    5.) I think the size of them varies and yes they're a separate instance like a dungeon
    6.) Before going in make sure you have your best weapons, plenty of health kits and explosives it may also help if your rage meter is full

Head Hunter
    Thanks Azru007,
    I was also wondering if you could give more details as to where the Dead Zone is, that is how I can find it. Also do you remember if the Dead zone had a name, if their was a mini boss "Named boss" in the dead zone.
    If you have the time to reply I would love to hear more info on your experience in the Dead Zone you found.

as too the Friday the thirteenth reference I would say theirs a high chance that it is. In Dead Island if we all remember, there was a man with a hockey mask and a machete named Jason under a bridge overpass. He also had a chainsaw in his shack next too a grisly looking alter of sorts.

Thanks again for answering some of my questions, my hope is that people keep posting what they find so as to help the Dead Island game community.

Respectfully
    Undead Zen

You're very welcome Undead Zen and I agree with your sentiments on Friday the 13th being highly likely to being referred to by the count of the Dead Zones being as how Jason appeared in Dead Island and since he's on Banoi it's unlikely journey to Palanai...unless he'd just really want to kill zombies and everyone else, haha!

I'll see what I can do about providing further explanation and location of the Dead Zones, be warned though my information COULD be inaccurate as I'm going off the Bradygames Strategy Guide.

I will say that Dead Zones are VERY easy to spot as there's a huge white sign and written in read 'Dead Zone' over the building and the named bosses are in those Dead Zones.

I'll begin with the most confusing Dead Zone and it's boss though again I warn that because I didn't get a chance to explore this Dead Zone it could be incorrect.

Joe "Ogre" Somare is a named BUTCHER mini-boss and his bio talks about seeing zombie movies and somehow knowing this would happen so when chaos hit the fan he purposely got bit and where he is I think is the Abandoned Movie Set (Again the Dead Zone signs and omission of said mention in the guide leads me to believe he's there) which is across from Hoyahoya Bar just outside of Halai (you'll find the bar on the way to Halai to ask about a boat).

James "Killer" Nisira is a named THUG and he's located behind the gas pump at Oil Storage where you rescue Brian additionally it's right outside though a LITTLE off the beaten path coming right out of the Paradise Survival Camp in other words the first right after the first car across the bridge on your way to Halai.

Eduardo "Quickdeath" Petoia is a named INFECTED and he's located in Southeast Halai in the Ocean View Bungalows and you'll likely come across him while on the flow of the Main Quest line.

Jimmy "Deathtrap" O'Neill is a named INFECTED and he's located inside the Tuluga Cave in northern Palanai between the Hanging Joe bridge and Helicopter wreck.

Peter "The Undying" W.Spicer is a named THUG and he's located in an ominous fort in North Palanai just South of Yagaria Waterfall.

Oliver "Deathbone" Wenge is a named INFECTED and he's located in a cave hideout on the northern edge of Palanai just a rock's throw from Kingston's Shack.

Frankie "The Scourge" O'Hara is a named GRENADIER and he's located in his apartment which is in North Henderson on a flooded narrow street a block North of Old Time Cinema.

Metzger "Skullcrusher" Sloat is a named WRESTLER and he's located on the same block as the Old Town Cinema.

Goffrey "Walking Carcass" Nape is a named WRESTLER and he's located just behind 'Rescue Alex' near the military base on the west coast of Henderson.

Doctor "Scar" JJ Evans is a named THUG and he's located on the west coast of Henderson just south of Villa Henderson.

George "Flesh Eater" Serero is a named THUG and he's located in the lower quarter of the map and close to the west edge of Henderson, it's a blue entrance and there's a fruit cart nearby if you need to refill on health.

Joel "Blackheart Chubalba is a named INFECTED and he's located in a motel in southwest Henderson and is Sylvia's neighbor (not sure what this mean and the guide doesn't expand on that information)

Ogio "Blindspot" Moke is a named INFECTED and he's located near The Fort of Henderson in a laundry facility on a narrow, raise walkway, says that a RAM is often nearby so be on the look out.

The only one of these I faced was James "Killer" Nisira and he dropped a level appropriate blue blunt weapon as far as tactics go, leading up to James you'll face a few Walkers, no Infected, he's behind a pair of double doors, toss a molotov in there because there's a TON of walkers and it'll soften him up a bit as well other than that deal with him like a super THUG and you should be fine.

Also remember to use your weapon of choice to bring him down so you'll gain A LOT of proficiency in it.

Also whenever any of these named bosses successfully hits you they'll regenerate some health the guide doesn't say how much so play defensively.

These bosses can't be knocked down or knocked back though I suppose you can try after all they're already angry so you might as well kick them once or twice. :P It's been recommended to use modded weapons of either electricity or poison after all they can't do much if they're doing the electrical jig or puking their brains out right?

I believe that's all the information I have Undead Zen so I hope it helps some.

Head Hunter
    Awesome!
    This helps allot Azru007! I'll be checking some of these out and will elaborate on my findings as I go. Thank you for taking the time to reply with more information, I'm sure everyone else wondering about the Dead Zones is thankful as well. I look forward to thoroughly searching these Dead Zones for collectibles, mods, and for all I know there could be other things like "Developer's Mods" hidden there in. Thanks again!

Respectfully,
    Undead Zen

omg thank you sooo much u found that much info =DDDDDD thanks =D

Head Hunter
    Hi all, Last night I ran through 2 dead zones: Both are worth going to as they have consumables for upgrading your team's level, and will re-spawn every time you enter.

1st Dead Zone cleared:

Directions: Head east from "Paradise Camp" across the bridge. When you reach the dirt road head north east up one of the three roads heading to the same general area. You'll see on the swamp a few buildings, the biggest one is the dead Zone: It's a fenced off two story thatched roof bungalow and is in the same general area as "Pierre the merchant" who gives you the "Fire-sale" quest. The Dead Zone it'd self is resting on a spit of land overlooking the swamp bay and is hard too miss. If you peek through the fence you'll also see a big white banner reading "Dead Zone" in red lettering.

"Abandoned Bungalow"
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Heavy Duty Tape", "AC Power Box", and "Propane Cutter"
    Loot-able Chests: one Common chest, one Level 2 chest. and one Level 3 chest
    Other notables: Enemies include "Toxic Walkers", two "Thugs", and "Walkers"

Directions to the 2nd Dead Zone Cleared: go east out of "Paradise Camp." Continue south east down the main road to "Kiwi Camping" (the place with all the zombies near the tents and campers with 2 buildings.) Walk past "Kiwi Camping" in the east direction on the main road taking the first left. Head up the northern road till it dead ends into a small swamp front village "Mataka Village" The Dead Zone should be the first or second building on the left when entering the village from the south. It's a two story thatched roof building flanked by high bamboo fences and a single gate entrance.

"Abandoned Mataka Bungalow"
    Mods: Yes, here you will find the "Sharp Edge Mod" on the ground floor level of the bungalow. Use your flashlight and look in the left corner.
    Blue Consumables found inside: "Titanium Pipe", "AC Power Box", and "Semi-Conductors"
    Loot-able Chests: one Common chest, one level 1 chest, one level 2 chest. and one Level 3 chest that is hidden in the courtyard
    Other notables: Enemies include a "Butcher", "Frenzied Infected", and a "Thug" besides the norm.

Respectfully,
    Undead Zen
    Last edited by Undead Zen; 04-26-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Hey Undead, u on xbox? I'd like to run through deadzones with ya. TurdCORN is my gt.

I found out that Joe "Ogre" Somare is NOT in the Abandoned Movie Set, you find him while in Chapter 3.

Nonetheless I highly recommend everyone to clear out the Dead Zones since there's usually mods, gears and crafting materials not to mention XP.

Head Hunter
    Cool man,
    If you have the time at some point I'd love to hear more about Joe "Ogre" and where in chapter 3 you bumped into him.
    Thanks again

Respectfully,
    Undead Zen

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information