Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I <3 Shotguns
    Found this article today, not sure how this passes as news as it is one of the most poorly written articles yet, even setting aside the glaring falsehoods and assumptions of an uniformed journalist. http://www.crossmap.com/news/dead-is...ng-light-21267

I mean seriously, the writter makes up this **** about some report that she read and than doesn't even give the source. saying stuff like "Dead Island 2 is speculated to be a knee-jerk reaction to the positive response that critics and gamers about the parkour system in Dying Light, and that Yager Entertainment plans to follow-up that success by putting Parkour/Free Running elements to Dead Island 2."

Excuse me, you do realize Yager isn't even working on this game anymore right? I mean for having only just written this article on the 28th (yestarday) you don't even mention that it's currently not even being worked on due to differences between Deep Silver and Yager. Even if Yager was considering adding parkour/free Running (Like Techland did with Dying light) the point is a moot one and not really new news, as Yager is no longer involved. The end product might not even look like what Yager did by the time it comes out.

She also claims: "...the upcoming 'Dead Island 2' looks very clean. It is also believed that Dead Island 2 is going to be Deep Silver's version of Dying Light."
    Really? Deep Silver's version of Dying light? You do realize Dying light came after Dead island and Dead Island Riptide, not before? Yes Techland is the origanal dev team behind the DI games and have moved on to make their own game "Dying Light", but make no mistake, Dead Island 2 is not "Deep silver's version of Dying light". Deep silver's version of Dead island 2, is Dead island 2. Sure they will look at Dying lights success and learn from what they did that the fans like, but Dead island remains it's own franchise, it's not tied with Techland as a dev anymore.

While I agree that Dying light as it stands now in many ways is a spiritual successor to the DI franchise both in content and the talent behind it, That is where the similarities end, they are not the same. At this point, there is no telling what DI 2 will be like as it is in Limbo. So again how is anything she said actually news?

More shotty journalism in the gaming industry and bait clicking is what this article is. I get so tired of reading news about games from journalists who have no clue about what they are talking about and can't be bothered to do any research of their own. Is this really what game journalism has come too?
    Last edited by Undead Zen; 09-29-2015 at 04:28 PM.

The Undead's Nightmare LEVEL60LOGAN's Avatar
    Great post, Undead Zen! I enjoy your truth in criticism.
    Vinceṛ!

Logan Carter is no goddamn douchebag.

I <3 Shotguns
    Thanks, I try to keep up on news as it comes out, I only wish we knew something new about who Deep Silver is going to replace as the dev team. The fact that they pulled Yager without a replacement is a little worrisome, though I so-pose this kind of thing happens often in the gaming industry when things come to a hedge. It's funny, Looking at Deep Silver's main website and nothing else, one would assume that things are peachy, it's just that they haven't updated anything relating to DI 2's fate on their own website. I'm a little hopeful though as it looks like they are still advertising pre-orders so I hope that it's still going to come out in 2016 sometime as they have stated but I'm not holding my breath. I'd really like to know as well what cool swag would come with the special edition, as they asked us to all vote from a list of possible choices awhile back on that questionnaire, haven't heard about any results from it stated. they still have the questionnaire advertised on their website too.

The Undead's Nightmare LEVEL60LOGAN's Avatar
    I am glad the relationship severed. If they wanted to make it it should or could have been named something different, not with the Dead Island name. I think the two original companies should reunite.
    Vinceṛ!

Logan Carter is no goddamn douchebag.

I <3 Shotguns
    Finally! More news on DI 2 has been released, not much mind you, but at least now I know the game isn't dead. Deep Silver has confirmed that they have finally gotten a new Dev team to work on it. Here is an excerpt from the article I found talking about it:

"Dead Island 2 is in development at Sumo Digital, publisher Deep Silver confirmed. The company told MCV that it had moved production of the zombie shooter over to the studio, with further details about the game still to come.
    Sumo Digital has previously worked on games in the Disney Infinity and LittleBigPlanet series. The studio is also working on Crackdown 3 alongside Dead Island 2."

It's an interesting choice of a development team, and I hope they have the man power to release it in a timely fashion provided they don't scrap what's been done by Yager and start from scratch. It concerns me a little considering this studio is working on two projects at once, I'm not sure what we will get. will it be half arsed? or will they take the time they need and allocate the proper manpower for a good product? Also, I wouldn't want crackdown 3 to suffer for it either, though I've never been a huge fan of that series.

Here's the link to the article in question: http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/10/111...al-deep-silver

P.S.The article also outlines that a dead island 1& riptide collection will come out on PS4 and X1 in May as stated here: "Deep Silver delayed Dead Island 2 to 2016 after missing E3 2015 but prior to the developer switch. The company had originally scheduled the game, which will launch on PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One, for a spring 2015 release. In the meantime, the publisher confirmed this week that a collection including the first Dead Island and Dead Island: Riptide will launch on PS4 and Xbox One this May."

Edit--More articles: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/sumo-...land-2/0163785
    --->This next one has more detailed info on the Definitive edtion of DI 1, and DIR as well as an announcement trailer. Apparently there is a free-bee side scroller dead island game called "Retro Revenge" thrown in with the 2 other games in the collection. I'm only speculating on the side scroller but at the end of the video in the bottem left corner it says it's included. where the writer gets the info about what the game is, I have yet to find his sorce http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...c-ps4-xbox-one

2nd Edit: LOL! Ok found all the info on Dead island Definitive edition on Deep Silver's offical site including a little more info on "Retro Revenge". They have mutiple price points if you want to buy one or both of the remastered games, and I think the retro revenge game is a added insentive to get the package with both games. info is here: https://www.deepsilver.com/news/news...-collection-1/

Later,
    Undead Zen
    Last edited by Undead Zen; 03-14-2016 at 07:58 PM.

"Zombie shooter"

Does that mean more of a gun focus?

New members and other people who have forgotten the rules, please read and understand them. They can be found here:
    RULES HERE

Make up sex -- it's sex you make up when you haven't really had it.

I <3 Shotguns
    Hope not, the whole brawler aspect is a big part about what made it fun for me. It's either poor wording on part of the writer for polygon, or they know something they are not saying. I do hope they vastly improve the gun-play though, even if it isn't the most common way to play: I hope they keep with the initial development choice of making crossbows and bows weapons that can be used as well.

Seeing melee-heavy combat go away would be a big loss and deal breaker for a lot of people on the fence about it. Ridiculous gunplay what Left 4 Dead is for. But it really doesn't matter to me, I'm not going to buy it unless it's in a PSN flash sale for <$2.

New members and other people who have forgotten the rules, please read and understand them. They can be found here:
    RULES HERE

Make up sex -- it's sex you make up when you haven't really had it.

I get so tired of reading news about games from journalists who have no clue about what they are talking

I <3 Shotguns
    More info as to whats been going on with this game. Not much info mind you, just enough to see that it hasn't completely died in dev hell. https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ilver-say.html

Hey all, long time no talk, whats everyone up to in the gaming world these days?

Thread Information